1) To capture and retain a certain market share
2) To obtain sales volume in ways that contribute to profitability
3) To obtain some number of new accounts of given types
4) To keep personal selling expenses with in set limits
5) To secure targeted percentage of certain accounts business.
Formulating sales policies
Formulating sales policies is nothing but the policies related to marketing. These sales related marketing policies delineate the guide lines within which the effort to reach personal selling objectives is made. There are three major types:
1. Product policies (what to sell): The component policies related to product is
- Which product should find a place in the product line?
- Whether some of the existing products are to be dropped?
- Whether any new products are to be added?
- Whether product design or product quality needs to be changed.
- What models. Type, size, colours and packing are to be sold.
- How product service is to be provided.
- What kinds of product guarantees are to be given?