Formulating sales policies is nothing but the policies related to marketing. These sales related marketing policies delineate the guide lines within which the effort to reach personal selling objectives is made. There are three major types:
- Product policies (what to sell).
- Distribution policies (who to sell).
- Pricing policies.
we talk each of the about types of sales policies.
1) Product Policies (what to sell):-
- Which product should find a place in the product line?
- Whether some of the existing products are to be dropped?
- Whether any new products are to be added?
- Whether product design or product quality needs to be changed?
- What models, type, size, colors and packing are to be sold?
- What kinds of product guarantees are to be given?
we talk about remaining two types in our next post.